Sunday, November 23, 2008

Sunday Nov 16th - Opening Reception
















I checked in at Hotel Djenne at 12:00 am on Sunday. Here are two pictures of this rather "picturesque" hotel. The flight actually arrived around 10pm on Saturday but a few delays got on our way (e.g. waiting in line to exchange dollars for local francs; transportation?; and finally, our driver got lost trying to remember how to get to my hotel). The good thing is we had a nice night tour of Bamako.

Later on Sunday, I participated in a Satellite Session titled "Pro-poor health financing: Political lessons from Chile's success story." The workshop was organized by MLI (Ministerial Leadership Initiative for Global Health).

In the evening, I attended the opening reception. Here is a picture of myself with two other "Young Voices", Lester and Amita, both physicians, from the Phillipines and India, respectively.



No comments: